One of the most important thing you can do to add to the professionalism of your family portrait is to choose appropriate clothing. Keep in mind this is a general guideline and not to over stress. Just keep some of these basic principles in mind and you will do fine. You can also text or message images of your choices to me for help in deciding.
- 1. Stick with earth toned clothing.
- 2. Keep it simple. Do Not wear brightly striped clothing or clothing with large logos and messaging.
- 3. Dress shoes, boots, Ked's type canvas shoes all work well. Stay away from the modern running shoes that have multi colors and patterns.
- 4. Accessories such as hats, scarves, and simple Jewelry can be nice.
- 5. Colors should coordinate but do not have to be the same on everyone. a Red can be over whelming if it is on one person. But if there is red scattered among people in the group it can be a very nice accent.
- 6. Denim and tan work pants photograph very well.
- 7. Take the time to decide if you want a formal or informal look.
- 8. Clothing and accessories appropriate to a family's interests can add to a family portrait.